Development of High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography Method for Quantitation of Gallic Acid in Normacid Syrup: A Poly Herbal Formulation
Normacid syrup consisiting of 17 ingredients, used in the treatment of hyperacidity and gastritis. Gallic acid is one of the phytoconstituent present in Normacid syrup- a poly herbal formulation. In the present study an attempt has been made to develop a HPTLC method for quantitative estimation of gallic acid in dried fruits used in formulations. This HPTLC method was found to be reproducible, accurate, precise and detect gallic acid at nanogram level. The developed HPTLC method would be an important tool in the quality control method of poly herbal formulation.
Keywords: HPTLC, Polyherbal, Gallic acid, Gastritis
6. "Gastritis". National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases). December 2004. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gastritis/.
7. "Gastritis: Diagnostic Tests for Gastritis". Wrong Diagnosis. December 30 2008. http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/g/gastritis/intro.htm.
9. Wolff G. "Effect of alcohol on the stomach Gastroenterol J 1989; 49(2):45–9.
10. Dajani EZ and Islam K (August 2008). "Cardiovascular and gastrointestinal toxicity of selective cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibitors in man" (PDF). J Physiol Pharmacol. 2006; 59 Suppl 2:117–33. Siegelbaum, Jackson
11. "Gastritis". Jackson Siegelbaum Gastroenterology. http://www.gicare.com/pated/ecdgs46.htm
15. Boparai V, Rajagopalan J and Triadafilopoulos G. "Guide to the use of proton pump inhibitors in adult patients". Drugs 2008; 68(7):925–47. doi:10.2165/00003495-200868070-00004..
18. Cullen DJ, Hawkey GM and Greenwood DC, "Peptic ulcer bleeding in the elderly: relative roles of Helicobacter pylori and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs". Gut 1997; 41(4):459–62.
19. "Peptic Ulcer: Peptic Disorders: Merck Manual Home Edition". http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec09/ch121/ch121c.html.
20. Wachirawat W, Hanucharurnkul S, Suriyawongpaisal P, et al. "Stress, but not Helicobacter pylori, is associated with peptic ulcer disease in a Thai population". J Med Assoc Thai 2003; 86(7):672–85.
21. Ulcer, Diagnosis and Treatment - CDC Bacterial, Mycotic Diseases.
22. Anwar J, Farah M. Aslam M. A., Jafri S. Singh and Kalim Javed. “Plants with anti-ulcer activity.” Recent progress of medicinal plants; 10:127-147.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).