Design, Optimization and Evaluation of Piroxicam Fast Dissolving Tablets Employing Modified Starch by 23 Factorial Design.
Fast dissolving tablet have potential advantages over conventional dosage forms, which has helped patient compliance, convenience, bioavailability and rapid onset of action. These are very good for drug delivery over geriatric and pediatric patients. They have significant advantages of solid and liquid dosage forms, because when they are in solid form and when transformed into liquid form and within few seconds after it is consumed. With new technologies for it formulation many commercial products are available in the market for the patients. So FDT have awful scope for being the delivery system. Therefore in the present investigation, starch based superdisintegrant was prepared and evaluated for its application in the design of fast dissolving dosage forms of piroxicam.
Keywords: Fast Dissolving Tablets, Superdisintegrant, Modified Starch, Piroxicam.
2. Indian pharmacopoeia, government of india ministry of health & fami78ly welfare, the indian pharmacopoeia commission central Indian pharmacopoeia laboratory govt. Of india, ministry of health & family welfare sector-23,raj nagar, ghaziabad-201002,Volume. 1, 31st March, pp. 735, 1996.
3. Chaudhari PD, chaudhari SP, Kolhe SR, Davekv, More DM. Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Tablets of Piroxicam, Indian Drugs, 2005, 42, (10) , 641-9.
4. Bi Yx, Sunada H, Yonezawa Y, Danjo K, Evaluation of Rapidly Disintegration Tablets by Direct Compression Method Drug Delivery Indian Pharm, 1999, 25(5), 571-98.
5. Bhagwati ST, Hiremath SN, Sreenivas SA, Comparative Evaluation of Disintegrants by FormulationgCefixames Dispersible Tablets, Indian Journal of Pharm Education, 2005, 39(4), 194-7.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).