Solid Dispersed Fast Dissolving Tablets-More Complaint Dosage Forms
Fast dissolving tablets are formulated for their easy absorption and improved bioavailability retarded of patients like bedridden, mentally people and geriatric people. The tablets are also called as mouth dissolving tablets as they dissolve when they are placed in mouth. Some of one of the method of preparing the dissolving tablets is formulation of pure drug into solid dispersion which can be further formulated into tablets. It is the easy way to treat the patients in easy manner. Solid dispersion is basically a drug–polymer two-component system; the drug polymer interaction is the determining factor in its design and performance. Different methods are used in manufacturing of these fast dissolving tablets which are melting method solvent method, melting solvent method, melt extrusion method, lyophilisation technique, melt agglomeration Process, Surfactant method, electro spinning and super critical fluid technology. The introduction of fast dissolving dosage forms has solved some of the problems encountered in administration of drugs to the pediatric and elderly patient, which constitutes a large proportion of world’s population.
Keywords: Fast dissolving Tablet, Solid dispersion.
2. Patel TS, Sengupta M. Fast dissolving tablet technology. World J Pharm Sci 2017; 2:485-508.
3. Bhowmik D, Chiranjib B, Krishnakanth, Pankaj, Chandira RM. Fast dissolving tablet: an overview. J Chem Pharm Res 2016; 1:163-77.
4. Siddiqui N, Garg G, Sharma PK. Fast dissolving tablets: preparation, characterization and evaluation: an overview. Int J Pharm Sci 2015; 2:87-96.
5. Kumari S, Visht S, Sharma PK, Yadav RK. Fast dissolving drug delivery system: a review article. J Pharm Res 2016; 3:1444-9.
6. Mohanachandran PS, Sindhumol PG, Kiran TS. Superdisintegrants: an overview. Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res 2015; 6:105-9.
7. Deshmukh VN. Mouth dissolving drug delivery system: a review. Int J Pharm Tech Res 2016; 4:412-21.
8. Leunar C, Dreessan J. Improving drug solubility for oral delivary using solid dispersion. Eur J Pharm Biopharm 2014; 50:47-60.
9. Gupta DK, Bajpai M, Chatterjee DP. Fast mouth is dissolving disintegrating tablet and patient counselling points for FDDTSa review. Int J Res Dev Pharm Life Sci 2014; 3:949-58.
10. Nautiyal U, Singh S, Singh R, Gopal, Kakar S. Fast dissolving tablets as a novel boon: a review. J Pharm Chem Biol Sci 2014; 2:5-26.
11. Argade GD, Magar DD, Saudagar RB. Review article on solid dispersion as solubility enhancement technique for poorly water soluble drugs. J Adv Pharm Edu Res 2013; 3:427-39.
12. Singh J, Walia M, Harikumar SL. Formulation and evaluation of fast dissolving tablets of rosuvastatin. J Drug Delivery Ther 2013; 3:148-55.
13. Dixit AK, Singh RP, Singh Stuti. Formulation and evaluation of solid dispersion of amlodipine besylate. Int J Res Pharm Biomed Sci 2015; 3:960-6.
14. Sameer Singh, Raviraj Singh Baghel, Lalit Yadav. A review on solid dispersion. Int J Pharm Life Sci 2016; 2:1078-95.
15. Varun RJ, Venkateshwarlu L, Srikanth L. Combinational products: a regulatory review. Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res 2015; 5:41-51.
16. Chauhan R, Virmani S, Suman P. Quantitative method development and validation of sulfasalazine in tablet dosage form by uv-spectroscopy. Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res 2015; 2:120-9.
17. KV, Raj GB, Ravishanker D, Kumar CA. Preparation and evaluation of montelukast oral dispersible tablets by direct compression method. Int Res J Pharm 2014; 7:315-8.
18. Yang D, Kulkarni R, Behme RJ, Kotiyan PN. Effect of the melt granulation technique on the dissolution characteristics of griseofulvin. Int J Pharm 2015; 329:72-80.
19. Khan AB, Tripuraneni A. Fast dissolving tablets–a novel approach in drug delivery. Rguhs J Pharm Sci 2014; 1:7-16.
20. Chowdary YA, Soumya M, Madhubabu M, Aparna K, Himabindu P. A review on fast dissolving drug delivery systems-A pioneering drug delivery technology. Bull Environ Pharmacol Life Sci 2015; 1:8-20.
21. Abdulraheman ZS, Patel MR, Patel KR. A review on immediate release tablet. Int J Univers Pharm Bio Sci 2016; 3:93-113
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).