Synthesis and antihyperlipidemic activity of Dibenz[c,e]azepine-5,7-dione derivatives in Triton WR-1339-induced hyperlipidemic rats
The structural requirements for decreasing cholesterol and triglyceride levels remain largely uninvestigated. Thus a systematic investigation of certain N-substituted dibenz[c,e]azepines is necessary. Nine compounds of N-substituted derivatives of Dibenz[c,e]azepine-5,7-Dione were synthesized and they were tested for antihyperlipidemic activity. Compounds synthesized (C-1, C-3, C-4 and C-5) significantly lowered the serum total cholesterol, triglyceride and LDL (low density lipoprotein) levels and also improved the HDL (high density lipoprotein) level in Triton-WR 1339 induced hyperlipidemic rats.
Keywords: antihyperlipidemic activity, lipids in plasma, high density lipoprotein
2. World health organization, Global Status Report on Non Communicable Diseases 2014.
3. McKenney JM, Dyslipiemias Koda-Kimble M.A, Young LY, In Applied Therapeutics, 7th ed.;Eds.; Lippincott Williams and Wilkins: Philadelphia, PA, USA, 2001; pp. 11:1â€“11:43.
4. Martin MJ; Hulley SB, Browner WS, Kuller LH, Wentworth D, Serum cholesterol, blood pressure, and mortality: implications from a cohort of 361, 662 men. Lancet 1986; 2:933â€“936.
5. Nelson RH, Hyperlipidemia as a Risk Factor for Cardiovascular Disease. Primary care. 2013; 40(1):195-211.
6. Saber ES, Barakat Mohamed AA, Zahabi El, Synthesis of Certain New Dibenz[c,e]azepine-5,7-diones of Expected Antihyperlipidemic Activity. JKAU: Med. Sci., 2007; 14(4):3-17.
9. Robert M. Silverstein, ClaytonC. Bassler and Terrence C. Mossull. Spectroscopic identification of organic compounds. 4th edn. John Wiley & Sons Inc. USA. (1981).
10. Okazaki M, Suzuki M, Oquchi K, Changes in coagulative and fibrinolytic activities in Triton WR-1339-inducedhyperlipidemia in rats. Japanese Journal of Pharmacology. 1990; 52:353â€“361.
11. Kasim SE, LeBoeuf RC, Khilnani S, Tallapaka L, Dayananda D, Jen KL.Mechanisms of triglyceride-lowering effect of an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor in a hypertriglyceridemic animal model, the Zucker obese rat. Lipid Res. 1992; 33(1):1-7.
12. Rosowsky Andre. The Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds, Azepines Part 1, Volume 43 Edition, John Wiley, 1984; 579-581.
13. Wong OT, Murthy AR, Day PA, Calvin J. â€œThe hypolipidemic activity of N(4-methyl-phenyl)diphenimide in rodentsâ€. Pharmacol Res Commun 1987; 19(12):839-858. -66666
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).